Reverse Osmosis for Residential and Commercial Swimming Pools
City Wide Pool Service with our sister company Pure Pool Purification has been successfully doing Reverse Osmosis (RO) purifications to swimming pools for over four years in the Las Vegas, Nevada area. Our goal has always been to provide honest and accurate information as to what RO can do and what to expect from the process. With that said we wanted to share what RO is and why it is so important for your swimming pool!
- RO filtration is not new and is an alternative to draining and refilling a swimming pool. While it is somewhat new to the swimming pool industry (2006) the process of RO has been around for decades. The most common ones that people are aware of are under the sink RO systems but they are extremely inefficient. The ones that we use are commercial grade and can conserve up to 85% of the existing water in the swimming pool. They can operate at this efficiency because of high-pressure pumps.
- Reverse Osmosis removes and lowers Calcium Hardness, magnesium, other excess minerals and so much more from swimming pool water. Certain areas of the country struggle with high calcium content, whereas other pools are just overloaded with salt (which causes TDS to rise) or CYA/conditioner. Some pools are high in phosphates or copper, nitrates, and some pool owners are looking to have all of the above addressed. Did you know that RO also removes or lowers bacteria, viruses, and other waterborne diseases like crypto?
Reverse Osmosis Compared To A Drain and Refill
- Reverse Osmosis allows you to use your pool during the process. Where a drain and refill may take 2-3 days and put your pool out of commission, an RO treatment can be done while you swim or enjoy your pool because there are no electrical cords. In addition, the pool’s interior finish (be it plaster, pebble, vinyl, or fiberglass) does not get exposed. Most of these finishes have been wet their entire life and do not like to be out of the water, especially in high temps. In the case of plaster, it can (and does!) contract when exposed to the air and expands again once water is reintroduced. The finish can only take so many expansion and contraction cycles before it tries to delaminate. That is why it is safe to use our service 365 days a year.
- Reverse Osmosis is also a great benefit to commercial swimming pools because you can swim in the pool during filtration. This means commercial pools no longer have to shut down their pools!
- The quality of the water can’t be beaten. Just imagine what it would be like to swim in drinking quality water!!
We understand there are times when a drain and refill might be necessary but if you want to conserve the water, swim in RO quality water, and prolong the lifespan of your pool you need to call us today!
City Wide Pool Service proudly services Las Vegas and Henderson, Nevada.